Each piece of our Amish and Mennonite furniture is individually handcrafted (hand planed, sanded, stained, and varathaned)- and, more often than not, specifically built to order for each customer.
Each piece of our Amish and Mennonite furniture is also built of solid wood- because of the nature of real wood, no two pieces are alike, with varying grains, markings, stain absorption, varathane settling, etc.). Due to these factors, the overall appearance of a finished product is beyond our control.
If you're looking for a factory finished product, our furniture will, unfortunately, not meet your needs. That said, if you are looking for furniture that is truly one of a kind, has a unique personality, and is imperfectly perfect, you have some to the right place!
Do you build custom furniture or metal work?
Unfortunately not! That said, we carry over 200 different styles of furniture- the majority of which is available in 2-4 sizes, therefore you're likely to find something that fits that particular space you have in mind!
When is your next sale?
Sales are more so a spur of the moment decision than anything- therefore we're never quite sure when the mood will strike us to host our next! Keep an eye out on our Facebook page to learn of upcoming ones!
What is your return policy?
All furniture is final sale (see "Furniture Policies" below)- while home and garden decor is able to be returned (undamaged), with a receipt, for an in-store credit (within 30 days of purchase).
Do you offer delivery?
Unfortunately, due to our rather hectic schedules and limited staff, we are unable to- however, the vast majority of furniture is able to fit in a mini van or SUV with all passengers seats folded down! Unsure about your vehicle? We do include the dimensions of each product on our website, so you are able to easily measure your vehicle storage!
If I order a piece (or buy it off the floor), how long am I am able to store it?
When notified that your piece is available for pick-up, we do require the furniture to be picked up within seven days (7). If your furniture is not picked up in a within the indicated time frame, you will forfeit your non-refundable deposit.
Do you charge tax?
Yes, we must.
Can I get a deal if I purchase multiple pieces of furniture?
Unfortunately not. We try to keep our prices as low as humanly possible, making it affordable for everyone- thus we have an extremely small profit margin, which doesn't lend for "dealing"!
What methods of payment do you accept?
Cash, etransfers, debit cards and credit cards (with the exception of American Express)!
Do you build your furniture yourselves?
No! While we do design all of our pine furniture, we work with 15 amazing Amish families who build it. As of the spring of 2019, we are also working with Ontario-based Mennonite builders- who built their product with maple.
-UPDATE: We have changed our finish on the Amish Furniture to complete varathaned bodies. Any piece purchased prior to June 2021 will have just had the top of the piece varathaned. This new finish application will enhance the durability of your furniture, however, may not match previously purchased pieces of furniture.
-All furniture is FINAL SALE.
-Receipt(physical/digital) MUST be presented at the time of furniture pick-up. Furniture will be withheld without said receipt or invoice number.
-A non-refundable deposit is required on any furniture order- once ordered, furniture is unable to be altered or substituted.
-We will not be held responsible for damage that occurs after leaving the store, nor during transit. Nor will we be held responsible for wear, fading or shrinkage of any material- or breakage as the result in incorrect usage.
-Furniture must be picked up within SEVEN (7) days of purchase and/or arriving to the store. Non-refundable deposit will be forfeit for furniture not picked up during indicated time frame.
-If you place 2 seperate orders please be advised that they will arrive at 2 seperate times. We are unable to hold the first order until the second comes in. Orders must be picked up within 7 days and will not be held longer for next order.
-Customers are required to inspect all furniture prior to leaving the premises as all SALES ARE FINAL and are not able to be returned or exchanged. We recommend plastic wrap be removed from items to ensure it is fully inspected prior to leaving.
- Sale pricing is applicable with cash, debit or Etranfers only. Sale pricing is only applicable on or after start date. Orders made prior to sale will not credited back in any way, shape or form.
About our Business
1. We're a small family-run business out of Lucan, Ontario- smack-dab between London, Ontario and Exeter, Ontario (20 minutes away from either). We've been in business for close to 20 years and have been at our current location for about 15 of those years.
2. We specialize in hand-crafted, genuine Amish and Mennonite furniture and fun and whimsy home and garden decor. If you drive on Highway # 4 a fair bit you will probably recognize us as that place with the weird and wonderful metal animals out front/ the bright blue house beside it (on the north end of town)
3. Our business is run by a mere handful of people- all of whom specialize in a specific aspect of the business, design, manufacturing, transport, social media and customer relations.
4. We've been working with Amish builders for about a decade now. As of the spring of 2019, we are also working with Ontario-based Mennonite builders.
5. Our hand-crafted furniture is some of the most affordable that you will find. Hands down.
6. We carry Crossroads Candles, the best line of candles that we have ever encountered before. We retail the 26 ounce candles at $20 (+ tax) a piece, which is $5-10 less than most retail locations!
7. Have a question or two? To get the quickest response from us, please contact the store at 519-227-0407 or 519-697-9072.
8. We're so happy that you happened to stumble across us and we look forward to meeting you soon!