Each piece of our Amish and Mennonite furniture is individually handcrafted (hand planed, sanded, stained, and varathaned)- and, more often than not, specifically built to order for each customer.
Each piece of our Amish and Mennonite furniture is also built of solid wood- because of the nature of real wood, no two pieces are alike, with varying grains, markings, stain absorption, varathane settling, etc.). Due to these factors, the overall appearance of a finished product is beyond our control.
If you're looking for a factory finished product, our furniture will, unfortunately, not meet your needs. That said, if you are looking for furniture that is truly one of a kind, has a unique personality, and is imperfectly perfect, you have some to the right place!
Do you build custom furniture or metal work?
Unfortunately not! That said, we carry over 200 different styles of furniture- the majority of which is available in 2-4 sizes, therefore you're likely to find something that fits that particular space you have in mind!
When is your next sale?
Sales are more so a spur of the moment decision than anything- therefore we're never quite sure when the mood will strike us to host our next! Keep an eye out on our Facebook page to learn of upcoming ones!
What is your return policy?
All furniture is final sale (see "Furniture Policies" below)- while home and garden decor is able to be returned (undamaged), with a receipt, for an in-store credit (within 30 days of purchase).
Do you offer delivery?
Unfortunately, due to our rather hectic schedules and limited staff, we are unable to- however, the vast majority of furniture is able to fit in a mini van or SUV with all passengers seats folded down! Unsure about your vehicle? We do include the dimensions of each product on our website, so you are able to easily measure your vehicle storage!
If I order a piece (or buy it off the floor), how long am I am able to store it?
When notified that your piece is available for pick-up, we do require the furniture to be picked up within seven days (7). If your furniture is not picked up in a within the indicated time frame, you will forfeit your non-refundable deposit.
Do you charge tax?
Yes, we must.
Can I get a deal if I purchase multiple pieces of furniture?
Unfortunately not. We try to keep our prices as low as humanly possible, making it affordable for everyone- thus we have an extremely small profit margin, which doesn't lend for "dealing"!
What methods of payment do you accept?
Cash, etransfers, debit cards and credit cards (with the exception of American Express)!
Do you build your furniture yourselves?
No! While we do design all of our pine furniture, we work with 15 amazing Amish families who build it. As of the spring of 2019, we are also working with Ontario-based Mennonite builders- who built their product with maple.
1. All furniture is FINAL sale.
2. Your order confirmation/ receipt and ID is required for furniture pick-up. Furniture will not be released without said items.
3. Non-refundable deposit required on any order- once ordered, finished selection and dimensions are unable to be altered.
4. We will not be responsible for damage that occurs after leaving the store or during transit. Not will we be held responsible for wear, fading or shrinkage of any material.
5. We require that you pick up your furniture within SEVEN (7) days of it arriving OR from purchase. Non-refundable deposit will be forfeit for furniture not picked up during indicated time frame. Please no furniture pick-ups past 4:45 pm.
6. We unfortunately cannot make any guarantee of delivering your furniture, so please ensure you know how you will get it home prior to purchasing it!
About our Business
1. We're a small family-run business out of Lucan, Ontario- smack-dab between London, Ontario and Exeter, Ontario (20 minutes away from either). We've been in business for close to 20 years and have been at our current location for about 15 of those years.
2. We specialize in hand-crafted, genuine Amish and Mennonite furniture and fun and whimsy home and garden decor. If you drive on Highway # 4 a fair bit you will probably recognize us as that place with the weird and wonderful metal animals out front/ the bright blue house beside it (on the north end of town)
3. Our business is run by a mere handful of people- all of whom specialize in a specific aspect of the business, design, manufacturing, transport, social media and customer relations.
4. We've been working with Amish builders for about a decade now. As of the spring of 2019, we are also working with Ontario-based Mennonite builders.
5. Our hand-crafted furniture is some of the most affordable that you will find. Hands down.
6. We carry Crossroads Candles, the best line of candles that we have ever encountered before. We retail the 26 ounce candles at $20 (+ tax) a piece, which is $5-10 less than most retail locations!
7. Have a question or two? To get the quickest response from us, please contact the store at 519-227-0407 or 519-697-9072.
8. We're so happy that you happened to stumble across us and we look forward to meeting you soon!
As a result of COVID-19, we are forced to change how we will conduct our business moving forward. While these changes may not be for forever, they will be implemented for the foreseeable future. For the safety of our family, staff, and customers, we cannot, under any circumstances, make ANY exceptions to these new policies and procedures:
Our physical store (furniture, home decor, and collectibles) will no longer be open seven days a week. It will now only be open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9 am until 5 pm
Our yard and porch area (where our metal decor items are kept) will be open seven days a week, 9 am until 5 pm, with physical distancing required
All curbside pickups must be prearranged (we will not allow for any “drop-bys” for picking up your order). Pick-ups will take place daily from 10 am until 4 pm, one pick-up scheduled every half hour
Our staff will not be able to assist you in loading your orders. We recommend that you bring someone to assist you in loading larger items
Face masks will be mandatory for all customers entering the store. At this time these must be self-provided
We will ask that all customers disinfect their hands upon entering the store with the provided hand sanitizer
Anyone who is exhibiting any sort of illness is asked to stay home
Candles will no longer be able to sample unless an associate is available to assist you
We will monitor customer volume and may limit people as we feel necessary- as a result, there may be wait times to enter into the physical store
Frequently touched areas within the store will be regularly sanitized
We still HIGHLY recommend that you take advantage of our online store and phone ordering system, in order to continue to physically distance
Thank you so much for your continued support!